Summer Crafts for Kids
Have fun with these summer crafts for kids. Make a flying saucer and then try my old-fashioned hoop-la game just like at the fair!
Have loads of fun with these summer crafts.
Have fun with my summer crafts for kids. Simply make and play!
Let's start by making a Flying Saucer (well, plate really!) and then go outside and enjoy the sunshine!
You will need:
It's so simple..
- Just draw and colour your own design on a paper plate.
- Take the plate outside, throw it like a frisbee and watch it fly!
Remember playing Hoop-la at the fairground?
Well let's make our own version of this old-fashioned game using just a few scraps of card, some drinking straws and some modelling clay.
Another quick and easy make and play project that's educational too when you add up your scores!
You will need:
- Thick card (eg greyboard)
- Thin card in assorted colours
- Drinking straws
- Modelling clay (or similar)
- Pencil, ruler, scissors, sticky tape and a stapler
- Pair of compasses or circular object to draw around
- Marker pen
- Cut three strips of thick card approximately 50cm x 1.5cm, form into hoops and staple the ends together.
- Cut five 8cm squares from thick card for the bases of the targets.
- Cut five 7cm diameter circles from different coloured thin card and, with the marker pen, write a different score onto each one (eg. 5, 10, 25, 50 and 100).
- Attach each of these circles to the top of a drinking straw using sticky tape on the back.
- Press a ball of modelling clay (or similar) onto the centre of each of the thick card bases and push one of the straws into each. Now you have made your targets and you're ready to play.
- Spread out the targets on a table (well away from any breakables or, better still, outside in the sunshine!) and take turns to see who can get the highest score by throwing the hoops over the targets.
Go to Fun Crafts for Kids from Summer Crafts for Kids
Go to Kids Crafts Made Easy home page from Summer Crafts for Kids