Placemat Crafts for Kids
Create your own party placemats and coasters with my placemat crafts for kids.
Make Your Own Party Placemats and Coasters
Design and make your own party placemats and coasters with my placemat crafts.
Try some simple paper weaving and make placemats and coasters especially for each of your guests. Use their favourite colours or colours to complement the theme of your party.
You will need:
- Paper in assorted colours
- Ruler, pencil, scissors and glue
To make the placemats:
From an assortment of coloured paper cut:
- 12 strips approximately 2cm x 30cm and
- 12 strips approximately 2cm x 27.5cm
- Lay out the 12 shorter strips vertically side by side.
- Weave one of the longer strips between the shorter strips near the bottom of the row of shorter strips and use a little glue to secure in place.
- Weave each of the rest of the longer strips between the shorter strips one at a time, as shown, alternating colours to form the design of your choice.
- Use a little more glue to secure the strips where they meet at the edges of your place mat.
- Trim the edges to neaten your place mat.
- Add a name on each place mat by cutting and adding a paper rectangle (measuring approximately 8cm x 5cm) as shown.
To make a matching coaster, you'll just need to use 5 strips of paper approximately 2cm x 13cm and 5 strips approximately 2cm x 11.5cm.
Then weave and glue the coaster in the same way as the placemats descibed above.