Picture Frame Crafts for Kids
Let me show you how to make a simple picture frame using thick card and fun foam.
Here at Picture Frame Crafts for Kids, I'll show you how to make a simple picture frame using thick card and fun foam.
Then all you'll need to do is simply decorate with heart-shaped foam pieces, add a special photo or a child's drawing and you'll have created the perfect handmade gift for someone special this Valentine's day.
And they'll be able to treasure it for a long time to come too!
You will need:
- Backing board (thick cardboard) - 20cm x 15cm
- Fun foam or coloured card - 20cm x 15cm
- Assorted foam or paper heart shapes
- PVA Glue
- Pencil, ruler, scissors or craft knife (under adult supervision only)
- Ribbon or thin cord (to hang your picture on the wall)
- Cut out a piece of backing board and a piece of fun foam or coloured card 20cm x 15cm each.
- Mark and cut an aperture in the foam or coloured card approximately 14cm x 9cm, thus leaving a 3cm border all round. (This size frame will take a standard 4" x 6" photo).
- Glue the foam or card frame to the backing board along the long edges, leaving the short edges open. Take care not to use too much glue as it will spread and stick down all of the frame and there will not be enough room to slide your photo inside.
- Decide which way up your frame will need to hang according to the photo you intend to place inside and then decorate your frame with heart shapes.
- Attach a loop of ribbon or thin cord to the back of the frame so that you can hang your picture up.
- When the glue is completely dry, insert your chosen photo.
- Try decorating your frame with flower shapes too.
- Add some sparkle with glitter glue.
- Instead of using a photo, design your own insert for the frame.
- Make up the "Be Mine" cross stitch design and place inside the frame.
This project can, of course, be adapted to make a gift for any time of the year and this makes a great party activity too.
If you're in the UK, check out my online shop for even more Valentine crafts