Ocean Crafts for Kids
Try this ocean crafts for kids project and create a graceful dolphin greetings card to send to someone special.
Underwater Fun Without Getting Wet!
If you're looking for ocean crafts for your kids to enjoy, why not start by creating this graceful dolphin card for someone special?
A simple, fun and inexpensive kids craft project, it's perfect for many occasions and you're sure to make someone's day!
You will need:
- Thin card and paper in white and blue (or colours of your choice)
- Paper or foam dolphin motif
- PVA glue
- Pencil, ruler, scissors, fancy cut scissors (optional) and felt-tip pens or coloured pencils
- Fold a piece of white card in half to form your basic greetings card.
- If you have some fancy cut scissors, give the card a decorative (wavy) edge and cut round a rectangular piece of blue corrugated card to make a mount for your design. Glue the mount in place on the front of your card.
- Take a pre-cut foam dolphin shape and glue in place over the corrugated mount. Alternatively, draw and cut out your own design from scraps of foam or card or cut pictures from an old magazine.
- Add your message and any other decorations as required.
Helen's Top Tip:
Don't forget when giving a handmade greetings card, you can also decorate the envelope to make it extra-special.