Lion Crafts for Kids
Try these lion crafts and have fun.
Make a Lion Frieze
If you're looking for simple lion crafts for kids, try making my lion frieze from just a strip of thin card. Great for decorating their room!
You will need:
- Thin card or paper
- Pencil, scissors and ruler
- Felt-tip pens or coloured pencils
Here's how ...
- Cut a strip of paper or thin card approximately 24cm x 7cm.
- Fold into four sections so that you have a concertina of four 6cm x 7cm rectangles.
- On the top section, draw a lion as shown. Make sure that the lion's body touches the left and right-hand edges of the rectangle.
- Cut around your lion design, making sure you leave a piece uncut at each side, so that your lions stay joined together.
- Open out and colour or decorate the four lions however you wish.
- Repeat to make a frieze of any length by joining the blocks together, and display on a wall.
Use longer strips of paper and make more folds to make more lions at a time.
Use larger paper to make larger rectangles and, therefore, larger lions!
Make an Elephant Frieze
Or why not try making an elephant frieze in the same way?
Take a look at the pictures below as a guide: