Kids Knitting Project
Knitted Coin Purse
This kids knitting project is simple to do, and has an added bonus of making a useful knitted coin purse.
Here's a simple knitting project for your kids.
Make this knitted coin purse using any colour of double knitting yarn.
You will need:
- Double knitting yarn
- A pair of 4mm size knitting needles (Old UK Size 8, US Size 6)
- A button
- Sewing needle
Don't know how to knit?
Click here to watch Helen explain how to knit
- Cast on 22 stitches.
- Knit in garter stitch (plain knit stitch) until your work measures 11cm long (4.5” approx.).
- Continuing in garter stitch, knit 2 stitches together at each end of the next row and at each end of the following alternate rows until there are 10 stitches left. This forms the top flap of the purse.
- Knit 1 more row.
- Cast off.
- Sew up the straight sides with yarn and turn right side out to make a pocket approximately 5.5cm deep (2.25” approx.).
- Sew the button to the centre front of the pocket.
- Sew a loop of yarn to the bottom of the flap, just large enough to fit around the button to close the purse.