Simple Kids Jewelry Crafts
Using Fun Foam
For a really simple take on kids jewelry crafts, especially for little kids, start by making these fun foam bangles and bracelets.
You will need:
- Scraps of fun foam
- Small foam heart shapes
- Other small foam shapes or small decorations, eg acrylic jewels etc
- Hook and loop fastening (eg Velcro)
- Thin elastic
- Hole punch, scissors, ruler, pencil and PVA Glue
Fun Foam Bangles
To make the Bangles:
- Cut a strip of foam 2cm to 4cm wide and long enough to fit comfortably around your wrist and with a 2.5cm overlap for fastening.
- Stick the hook and loop fastening onto the short ends of the foam strip so that it overlaps to form the clasp of the bangle.
- Decorate your bangle with foam shapes or other decorations, such as acrylic jewels, as required.
Now let's try making a foam Heart Bracelet.
- Take about 18 small foam heart shapes and mark and punch a hole in the centre of each one.
- Thread the hearts onto a length of thin elastic, long enough to fit loosely round your wrist and allowing a little extra for tying.
- Tie a double knot in the ends of the elastic to secure and trim off any excess.
Helen's Top Tip:
Use as many heart shapes as you wish. However, the more shapes you use, the fuller and tighter the bracelet will be and you will not be able to see the shapes so easily. Fewer shapes will hang more effectively around your wrist.
Variation:You could make another pretty bracelet in the same way but with small flower shapes.