Fun and Simple
Bead Crafts for Kids
Try these fun and simple bead crafts for kids. Make your own paper beads and ceate a colourful necklace and bracelet.
Necklace and Bracelet
If you're looking for bead crafts, why not start by making your own paper beads to create a colourful necklace and bracelet.
This would make a great party activity without being expensive. You could choose colours or designs to suit your party theme.
You will need:
- Assorted coloured paper or wrapping paper
- Thin elastic
- Drinking straw
- Pencil, ruler, scissors and glue
Here's how to make a paper bead necklace:
- Draw and cut 18 paper triangles approximately 2.5cm at the base and 25cm high.
- Wrap the large end (base) of the triangle around a drinking straw or pencil. Roll the triangle up around the straw and stick the point down to form a bead.
- Hold in place until the glue sets then pull the straw out. You have now made your first bead.
- Make another 17 beads (or more if you wish) in the same way.
- When you have made enough beads to make a necklace of the length you need, thread them onto the elastic and tie the ends of the elastic together. Your necklace is now ready to wear.
Now make a smaller number of beads to make a matching bracelet!