Owl Crafts for Kids
A fun-to-do owl crafts for kids project. Let your kids make a picture of a wise old owl using scraps of fun foam.
Try this fun-to-do owl crafts project.
Make this picture of a wise old owl using scraps of fun foam.
Make him brightly coloured and eye-catching like mine or use more natural colours!
You will need:
- Backing board
- Assorted geometric foam shapes
- Pencil, scissors and PVA glue
Here's how to make your owl picture...
- Draw a basic outline of an owl onto the backing board.
- Before you start sticking on any shapes, select the shapes you will need to create your owl and lay them out onto the outline on the board.
- Use foam triangles for the owl's feathers and 5 pairs of circles of decreasing sizes for the eyes. Cut out ears and a beak from scraps of foam.
- Once you have decided on the shapes to use, start sticking the shapes onto the backing board, beginning at the bottom of the picture.
- Layer up the triangles to form the overlapping feathers as shown.
- Make the eyes using circles of foam. Then add a beak and ears.
- Put to one side to allow the glue to dry.